Tuesday, January 17, 2012

January 11, 2012


So I haven't posted in a few days, well actually no posts since the end of 2011.  I know I'm terrible! 
 
Since the end of October I've been dealing with gall bladder issues.  Apparently I have a lot of sludge and crap in there and it's causing me to not digest fat properly which then results in me getting "attacks".  They are the worst pain I have ever felt in my life.  Pushing two babies out at once, no problem!  Breaking my ankle and having 12 screws and 2 plates put in, a breeze!  Nothing compares to this pain.  When I had my first attack I thought I had the stomach flu.  But then when I had another one a few days later I figured something must not be right. I went in for tests, ultrasounds, etc.  I finally got a referral to a surgeon who took one look and asked me if I wanted to go in that week to take it out.  This was on December 23, two days before Christmas!  I said thanks but no thanks and scheduled it for January 12, 2012.  In two days I will be under the knife, well not really a knife a very tiny knife and teeny tiny instruments to remove my gall bladder through my stomach.  I cannot wait to have this damn thing out.  The last 3 months of my life has been terrible with these attacks. I've used all my sick leave and whatever other leave I had for days when I would wake up in the middle of the night vomiting and praying for death (and I normally do NOT pray)  I want to feel "normal" again, not be afraid to eat, or freak out when I feel a little twinge in my stomach thinking that this is the start of an attack.
 
New Year's resolutions, do you have any?  I think making resolutions and then not sticking to them only makes you feel guilty and frustrated with yourself.  I try and do lifestyle changes, changes that I want to make for the rest of my life, not just for 2012. 
 
Here are some of my lifestyle changes:
- Lose the rest of the darn weight.  Only 25lbs to go!
- Become toned and have definition on my legs, arms and belly!
- Continue to make most of my food and my kids snacks, meals, etc, from fresh ingredients and stay away from processed foods. (with the obvious exception of chocolate!)
 
As of this morning I am still the same weight.  Tonight I am going to take my measurements and see how I am doing.  It's been hard because of the gallbladder issues to stay on track.  After I have an attack I usually only eat bread as that won't cause another attack. I'm definitely eating more carbs that I should be, but once this sucker is removed, I'll be able to add a lot more variety back into my diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say! Any comment is appreciated :)