The first one I made were Blueberry Muffins. I doubled the recipe so the top was huge and added some extra blueberry's, they were a huge hit and were all eaten!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.
- To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done. Remove from pan and let cool for about 15 minutes before eating. Enjoy!
The next ones I made were more like a meal in a muffin. Ham, cheese, red peppers, green onion all combined for a taste sensation in your mouth! I used muffin inserts with these ones but found that they stuck to the paper so next time I'm going to put them directly in the muffin tray. Also, I used regular milk, not buttermilk and had to add about an extra 1/3 cup of milk at the end because the mixture was dry.
- 3/4 cup of diced scallions
- 1/2 cup of diced red pepper
- 1 cup of diced ham
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 tbsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of baking sode
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 and 1/3 cup of buttermilk (I used 2%)
- 2 tbsp of canola oil
- 3 tbsp of melted butter
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Spray muffin pan with cooking spray ( I used liners but found they stuck to the paper....)
3. In a large bowl whisk together 3 cups of flour, 2 1/4 teaspoons of baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, and 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together 2 large eggs, 1 1/3 cups of buttermilk (I used 2%), 2 tablespoons of canola oil, and 3 tablespoons of melted butter. Stir in the prepared ham, scallions, and red pepper along with 1 cup of grated sharp cheddar cheese. 5. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mixed with just until everything was combined. (Don’t overmix.) Transfer the batter to prepared muffin pan.
6. Bake the muffins at 400F until the tops are browned about 20 to 25 minutes. Let muffins cool in pan for a few minutes before taking them out and serving.
These will last in the fridge for about 3 days. They are great warmed up in the microwave for 30 seconds and with a little butter on them. Enjoy!